Title

Our Love Filled Life

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Crock-Pot Chicken Parmesan


It's no secret that one of my favorite gifts that we got for our wedding is my Crock-Pot! I'm sure most of you would agree with me that it is seriously the BEST invention of all time! For those of you who don't have one - You should really get up off your chair right now and go buy one! They are AMAZING! I wake up in the morning, throw in all of my ingredients, turn it on low...and Voila! I'll have a yummy dinner on the table in 6-8 hours and I didn't even have to do any of the work! I love walking through the door after being gone most of the day and the whole house smells Fantastic - like someone has been cooking up a storm in my kitchen.



I've been trying to stay creative with my Crock-Pot dinners and not make the same things all the time. I found this recipe for Crock-Pot Chicken Parmesan and decided to give it a try on Tuesday night - and it was so good! I always love seeing Ben's reaction when he walks through the door after work - He comes in and immediately tries to guess what I made for dinner by the smell throughout the house. He can't get to the kitchen fast enough to see what could be on the menu for the night!

This Chicken Parmesan has so much flavor and turned out so tender and delicious - I would definitely recommend this recipe and I know I will be making it again for sure! We had ours with Spaghetti but you can make this with any side that you'd like the options are endless!

If you'd like to try it out this is all you'll need to get started:


2-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup of Bread crumbs
1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese
1/4 tsp of black pepper
1/2 tsp of salt
1 Tbsp of Olive oil
1 egg, beaten
sliced or shredded cheese
your favorite jar of tomato sauce

1. Spread 1 Tbsp of Olive oil into the bottom of your crock-pot.


2. Beat the egg with a fork in a bowl. Mix the bread crumbs with the Parmesan cheese in a separate dish. Add salt and pepper to crumb mixture.



3. Dip the chicken into the egg, then into the bread crumb mixture, coating both sides well with crumbs, cheese, and seasonings. 



4. Place the chicken breast pieces in the bottom of the crock-pot. 



5. Layer 2-3 slices or 1-2 cups of cheese on top, depending how much cheese you like. Cover chicken with cheese and entire jar of your favorite tomato sauce. 




6. Close lid and cook on low for 5-6 hours or on high for 3 hours. Serve with your favorite pasta or other side of your choice. 



I still can't get over how tender the chicken turned out! I didn't even need a knife to cut it - it just broke apart with my fork. The cheese was my favorite part of this dish! It was all melted under the sauce and you could really taste the flavor of the Parmesan cheese too. YUM! SO GOOD. 

What are your favorite crock pot recipes? :) Get creative! 

Have a good day everyone!






3 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah! We're going to try this for supper tonight -sounds good! I have to change it up a bit since Mike and Chippy can't have bread, so I substituted Rice Crispies and then added some parsley and onion pwd. to the mixture! Dan looked at it, smelled it, grinned and then said "So, what's this, Mrs. Redekop?!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Debbie! Wow that sounds great! I'm sure it turned out yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete