Title

Our Love Filled Life

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Citrus Custard Tart


If you love citrus as much as I do then you are going to go crazy for this Citrus Custart Tart! It's packed full of delicious and fresh lemon & orange flavor - it's just amazing! I love how it's made with freshly squeezed lemon and orange juice and that the flavor isn't fake and from a box! I'm all for boxed puddings and stuff don't get me wrong - but if you can make it from scratch just as easy then why not do it right? :) When you bake this your kitchen will be filled with this fantastic lemon aroma - I just love the way it smells!


Everyone will be asking you for the recipe for this creamy and refreshing dessert - It's definitely light and melt in your mouth delicious. Top with a fluffy cloud of homemade whipped cream! Mmm! Haha, Ok maybe that "fluffy cloud" stuff sounded a little bit odd - but just trust me it totally brings this tart to a whole other level! I actually had to bring half of this dessert to share with my parents because after 3 years of marriage, I'm only finding out now that my hubby doesn't like lemon! I couldn't believe I'm only discovering this now! But I'll have to experiment and see if I can use something different...like maybe lime instead of lemon? That sounds like an interesting combination but it actually could be very good. Won't know until I try I guess. But for me I wouldn't change anything about it! It's perfectly perfect just the way it is:) If you know me then you know that I'm all about simple and easy recipes that anyone can put together to enjoy and be proud of! Anyone can do this:)

So all of you citrus fans out there...Seriously you HAVE to try this out! You'll be so happy you did! Get in the kitchen and make this! Here is everything you'll need:

Pie crust (Homemade or store bought)
4 eggs
Juice and zest of 1 large lemon
Juice and zest of 1 large orange
3/4 cup of sugar
2/3 cup of heavy cream
1/4 tsp of salt


1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees, grease a 9" tart pan with non stick cooking spray and set aside. 


2. Press the rolled out pie crust in the tart pan, prick with a fork all over and lay a piece of aluminum foil over the top. Fill the aluminum foil with dried beans or rice and "blind bake" the crust for 15 minutes. 

(The reason you're doing this is so that the crust won't get too brown before you actually have to bake it with the custard in it. You want to cook the crust but not give it any color yet.)








3. To make the filling, whisk together all of the remaining ingredients so that you have a nice smooth custard. 



4. Pour the custard into the pie crust.


5. Reduce the oven temperature to 300 degrees and continue to bake the tart for 45 minutes. Let it cool 1 hour before serving. Sprinkle with some confectioners sugar and top with whipped cream if desired. 







How beautiful is that? It tastes even better then it looks!










1 comment:

  1. This was absolutely wonderful. Just enough citrus flavour to get the juices flowing. This was an awesome tasting dessert.

    ReplyDelete