Title

Our Love Filled Life

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

DIY Work Bench

This past summer I picked up a "Handyman" magazine at the airport while waiting for a connecting flight. I thought as a homeowner it is a good idea to get some experience working with tools and building and fixing things yourself.

One project that caught my interest was building your own workbench, something that probably belongs into everyone's garage and was still missing in ours.


I bought the wood at Home Depot and hoped to get it cut according to the measurements - by the way  - why would you call something a 2x4 if it's not a actually a 2x4? It's more like a 1 3/4 x 3 1/2. Measuring also wasn't the strength of the guy using the saw, some pieces were longer, others a bit shorter than needed but thankfully still usable.


After having all the wood it was all just pretty basic. I just had to screw the right pieces together and follow the instructions. It took me about 5 hours in total to finish the project and I am now the proud owner of a homemade workbench!


Btw. these are not my beer boxes...




My little helper provided me with moral support and smiles.


You can already see what it's supposed to be, just some finishing touches...


Thanks for reading. I hope it won't be too long till I can write about another handyman project.

Benjamin










No comments:

Post a Comment