Title

Our Love Filled Life

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Crispy Onion Baked Chicken


I was debating whether or not to post this on here in the recipe column because I'm not really sure if I'd consider it an actual "recipe". But we found it pretty delicious when we tried it so I thought I'd throw it out there for any of you that are looking for a new flavorful way to enjoy chicken for dinner. I actually just threw these ingredients together one day when I was out of bread crumbs and it turned out amazing. I later realized that there were other recipes online like this one and this one that used pretty much the same method as well.

We eat tons of chicken in this house and love it! So I'm always looking for new ways to make it to keep dinners interesting. This recipe was actually a "lets just try this and see how it turns out" kind of discovery. These french fried onions were the closest thing I had to bread crumbs at the time - so we tried it out - LOVED IT! And have never gone back to just plain old bread crumbs again. Accept for when we make Chicken Parmesan or something...

This chicken has such an intense flavor it's phenomenal. It always turns out super crispy and incredibly juicy. It's a favorite in the Dietz home.

I don't have exact measurements for this but it all depends how much you end up making. I took about 3 cups of crispy fried onions ( we get ours in the big bags from costco) and crushed them up into small chunks. You could also just use a food processor to grind them if you'd prefer them to be more fine.


Line your baking dish with aluminum foil. 



Crush your crispy fried onions. 


On separate plates I put 1 cup of flour, the crispy onions, and whisked 2 eggs with salt and pepper. 


I dredged them into the flour, then the egg, then the onions, and placed them into my baking dish. 



Put them in the oven and bake them on 350 degrees for about 45 minutes.

 (Depending on your oven and the thickness of your chicken breast it could take more or less time - you'll just have to check it.)



Mmm so delicious!


And serve with your favorite sides.



Your kitchen will smell amazing when you make this. I'm always looking for new chicken recipes so if any of you have a favorite way to make it I'd love to know what it is! Maybe it'll be my new favorite too!

Have a great night everyone! 
S


No comments:

Post a Comment