Title

Our Love Filled Life

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Apple & Orange Bundt Cake


I am officially 4 months pregnant and now that the nausea has warn off I finally have my appetite back! Food doesn't repulse me and I'm actually enjoying all of my favorites again. This pregnancy I can't get enough of apples with peanut butter. They have to be mackintosh apples though - no other apples will suffice. That's right I'm one of those picky pregnant ladies. I bet you've never heard of one of those before...Ha!

I do enjoy the other kinds of apples too but if I'm eating them with peanut butter then you bet they have to be mackintosh. I have another "European Style" cake recipe for you guys that my hubby from Deutschland went nuts over. If I can help him miss home just a tiny bit less by making him food that reminds him of home - (and get to indulge in it myself) well By Golly that is what I intend to do! 

The things we do for love. 
Right hunny? 

I've been noticing how much faster I'm popping out with this pregnancy compared to my pregnancy with Landon. 

I can't figure out if that's actually normal...
Or is it because of the amount of cake, wunderbars, and Ruffles all-dressed chips I've been eating. Hmm?

Oh well - in the words of my incredibly wise brother in law...


You don't have to tell me twice...

If you'd like to give this recipe a try here is everything you'll need:



Ingredients:

1 cup of unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
1 cup of Sugar
4 Eggs
2 tsp of Vanilla 
2 tsp of Baking Powder
Zest of 1 Orange
3 cups of Flour
1/2 tsp of Salt
4 Apples, peeled, cored and cut into bite size pieces
3/4 cup of Milk


1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease your bundt pan well and set aside. 


2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar, add orange zest, eggs and salt and mix to combine. 



3. Add the milk and whisk it all together until you have a smooth mixture. 


4. Chop your apples into bite size pieces. 


5. Add the Baking powder along with the flour and vanilla and mix it long enough to combine the dry ingredients. 



6. Sprinkle the apples with about 3 Tbsp of flour and toss them to coat. 


7. Add the apples to the batter and fold them in. 


8. Pour the batter in the prepared pan and bake it for about one hour to an hour and 15 minutes until fully cooked through. 





9. Allow it to cool completely, invert onto a platter and dust generously with confectioner sugar.





Enjoy!









No comments:

Post a Comment