Title

Our Love Filled Life

Thursday, July 18, 2013

3 Clever Uses for Rubber Bands around the House


Rubber bands can be little heroes in the workplace. I can remember using them at Tim Hortons to keep folders closed, wrap around the coin rollers, or to quickly throw my hair up in a ponytail when I forgot my regular hair elastic. Of course I've used them for the normal things around the house too...Like closing up that stubborn frozen bag of peas that won't stay closed, using it as a bookmark, or even to keep wires together - but I've noticed there are many different uses for rubber bands that never crossed my mind before. If I'd find one laying around the house, I'd usually just chuck it in the garbage - and if you're the same way...think again! I've realized just how handy they are for many different things and I'll never be throwing another rubber band out again.

These are just 3 uses that might help make life a little easier. I've been using them and I absolutely love it! Some of you might know about these clever uses already but for those of you who don't - I'm sure you'll find it pretty cool!


So here are the uses you maybe never thought of :

Rubber bands on a cutting board

1. Put an elastic on each end of your cutting board so that it doesn't slip and slide around. 


Rubber Band around an Apple

2. Cut an apple and put the rubber band around it so it doesn't turn brown so quickly. Perfect for your kids' school lunches, picnics, or when you're on the go.



Rubber Band around a paint can

3. Put rubber band around a paint can. Instead of using the side of the can to scrape the paint off the brush - use the rubber band! The paint drips right back into the can and prevents a big mess and waste of paint.




1 comment: