Title

Our Love Filled Life

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Strawberry Banana Muffins




What is it about these 2 fruits that go together so delightfully? Whether they are mixed into an iced cold smoothie or tossed together into a fruit salad - there is just something so magical to me about this combination!


It was a rainy Thursday here in Toronto so today was a "relaxing indoors" kind of day for me. As I'm sitting down writing this blog for today, I am enjoying one of these delicious muffins and loving every bite of it! Muffins can easily be an everyday food, especially of you make a batch that has a few health-conscious tweaks made to it. You can bake a batch over the weekend to enjoy on a busy "on the go" weekday morning - and these Strawberry Banana Muffins are that everyday type of muffin.

On my grocery days I purposely buy a big bundle of Bananas already knowing that Ben and I will never finish them all before they ripen - and this is exactly why. If you guys love the combination of strawberries and bananas as much as I do...then roll up your sleeves and whip up a batch of these muffins! I was thinking next time I make them I might actually try adding some white chocolate to the batter - you can always get creative and try different combinations of fruits as well.

To get started on this recipe you will need :



1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 large ripe bananas, mashed
1 cup strawberries (cut into bite size pieces)
2 1/4 cups flour
3/4 cups light brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt



1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C). Place the oven rack in the center of the oven. Line a 12 cup muffin pan with paper liners or lightly butter or spray the muffin cups with a vegetable spray.

2. In a small saucepan melt the butter. Let cool to room temperature.
In a medium sized bowl whisk together the eggs, vanilla extract and mashed banana. Add the melted butter and stir to combine.   


3. In another large bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Gently fold in the berries, making sure they are coated with flour. (This helps to prevent the berries from sinking during baking.) Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir only until the ingredients are just combined. Do not over mix the batter or tough muffins will result. 









4. Divide the batter evenly among the 12 muffin cups, using two spoons or an ice cream scoop. Place in the oven and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean, about 20 to 25 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Can be stored for a few days at room temperature.

Makes 12 regular sized muffins. Preparation time: 20 minutes.








If anyone has any questions feel free to message me:) I just wanna thank everyone for all of your comments so far on my entries! I love reading them - you guys are awesome!





1 comment: