Title

Our Love Filled Life

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Homemade Watermelon Popsicles


Ok so I know what you're thinking...

It's fall, Sarah - Why are you posting a popsicle recipe??? Well I actually made these in the summer and completely forgot about sharing it with you! So like I always say - better late then never! :) 

One of my best childhood memories back in the day was enjoying tons of freezies and popsicles in the summer time. I loved their chillness and the way that they dyed my lips and tongue bright red or blue for hours afterwards. Often times we'd walk to the corner store for a jumbo freezie, or end up making popsicles with Mom. I've been on the lookout for a good popsicle mold for quite some time since I wanted to be able to recreate those same memories with Landon this summer. I finally came across one at Zehrs that I loved and snatched it right up!


Over the years, I've lost interest in having my tongue died bright colors for hours at a time and I actually hadn't eaten popsicles for awhile. Until I saw all these popsicle recipes with fresh fruit flooding the internet like crazy nowadays! These have become my new favourite summer treat! What I love most about them is there is no artificial flavouring, food colouring, or corn syrup. They are so easy to make and definitely 100 times better than any popsicle you can get from a box. Landon and I enjoyed these on a beautiful, hot, sunny afternoon - and they were delicious! But you can always enjoy a popsicle any time of the year in my opinion. You can adjust the recipe so many different ways by switching up the fruit to your favourites. If you'd like to give these a try, here's everything you'll need:

Serving size varies depending on the size of your molds.
Prep time: 15 mins

Ingredients:

3 cups of Fresh Watermelon cubes
1 cup of Sliced Strawberries
1 Tbsp of Honey (only add the honey if your fruit isn’t very sweet)
2 tsp of Lemon Juice
2 Tbsp of Water
Fresh Sliced Fruit, of your choice


1) In a blender, add the fruit, honey, lemon juice and water. Strain the mixture into a large measuring cup and set aside.

2) Fill your popsicle molds with the sliced fruit, pour the watermelon mixture just until it comes up ¾ of the way up the mold.

3) Cover with the cover from the mold making sure to insert the popsicle stick.

4) Freeze overnight.


Our little food critic approves!!!!













1 comment: