Title

Our Love Filled Life

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Oreo Truffles


I've seen these Oreo truffle recipes around a few times and I have been dying to try them! So yesterday I told myself "I'm not putting this off any longer - I'm making these!"

My eyes widened when I took the first bite...and that's no joke! I couldn't believe it only took 3 ingredients to make these beauties - it's pure chocolate covered happiness is what it is! Oreo truffles have become pretty popular over the past year I've noticed and I'm not surprised. What's not to love about melted chocolate, cream cheese, and crushed oreos??? Bring a batch to your next get together and you'll see...people will be flocking around to try them! I'm happy I could visit my family yesterday and it was fun to be able to pass the finished product around for everyone to try. My mom kept peeking in the fridge to see if they were done yet - she couldn't wait to taste one! haha. I brought a few home for Ben as well and he couldn't believe how good they were! I believe his exact words were..."WOW, YOU MADE THESE?!" 

They look like something that took alot of effort to make but they're actually very simple. So if you'd like to make these yourself just keep reading and let me show you how I did it:) 

First you'll need:

8 oz pkg of cream cheese
1 pkg of Oreo cookies, finely crushed (about 4 1/2 cups)
2 pkgs (8 squares each) Baker's semi-sweet chocolate, melted





1. Finely crush Oreos in a food processor. (For the perfect truffles try to make sure there are no big cookie chunks that didn't get blended.)




2. Transfer crumbs to a mixing bowl.



 3. Add package of cream cheese and mix together with the crumbs until well blended. (You can use a spoon but I would recommend using your hands for this part...it's much faster!)



4. Roll into 48 (1-inch) balls and place onto a baking sheet with waxed paper.



5. Melt the bakers chocolate according to the directions on the box.



6. Cover each truffle in the melted chocolate until completely coated and drop them carefully onto the baking sheet. (this part is actually the most time consuming.)



7. Refrigerate for 1 hour until the chocolate is firm. If you can wait that long! ;)





8. Melt white chocolate and drizzle on top of truffles. (You can always just leave them as is - or sprinkle cookie crumbs on top if you'd like.) And they're done!

**Store them in the refrigerator in a tightly covered container**






They are melt in your mouth Deeelicious! I'm still shocked I could make a homemade truffle this amazing with my own hands from 3 simple ingredients I always have in my house. If my dream to open up a bakery actually comes true one day, I will for sure be selling these in my shop! ;) 

Thanks for reading!



2 comments:

  1. Oh, these were awesome, oh and still are. Did anyone notice in the pictures above that one of the truffles went missing? The evidence is still there, the chocolate make on the wax paper. Did you miss that Sherlock? I didn't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha that was mom! She didn't want to wait for me to drizzle the white chocolate on top...she wanted one right away! haha

    ReplyDelete